Monday, November 16, 2009

Honey Honey, How He Thrills Me.......

My cousin Beezy, and her friend Mary, and I went and saw Mamma Mia yesterday at the Palace Theatre in Cleveland. I really liked the show, I thought it was well done, and I always love having the chance to sing Dancing Queen. (poorly I might add). I don't know how many people who will be reading this have ever seen the movie but, I often times think me, and beezy are just like Donna, and her friends Rosie and Tanya in the musical. I don't mean how they act or anything we aren't promiscuous, gold diggers, or even loners for that matter. (this probably isn't convincing you to see the show, huh)? I just mean how close they are with each other. they can tell each other anything, and they always seem to understand each other without having to say a word. My cousin and I are very much like that we often crack up laughing over things that aren't funny to anyone but us, and even then we couldn't even explain it ourselves why such said things are funny. The one thing I was upset about with the show is the one song Tanya sings called Does Your Mother Know was very provocative. I hate how you can't go see a theatrical performance anymore that doesn't have hidden innuendo's in it. Totally ruines the show in my oppinion. I mean honestly, do they really have to throw that kind of stuff in shows to sell tickets? there were a lot of kids there. A little girl sitting behind me kept asking her mom what stuff meant and her mom was like "don't worry about it" and "oh that means Harry is gay" she was like eight years old she doesn't need to know what gay means. It was kind of ridiculous. However, with all of that said I would actually tell someone to go see the show. there are a lot of good things in it, and it's very funny. I guess I'm just being a bit of a critic by listing what I didn't like. Alright this is all I can write for now I have to go see a ballet performance for school, and I have two tests this week, a paper, and a practical. So I'm off to go study and I have dance 330-5 getting ready for Ireland in Feb. I can't wait! will hopefully write soon:)




~Akira
P.S. sorry about the picture it's supposed to be of Donna, Rosie, And Tanya but my computer is being weird and I couldn't get it any better then that. I was also going to upload a video of the dynamo's but again computer problems wouldn't allow it:(




2 comments:

The Stranger said...

Akira!

Good to see you on the blog-sphere. I'm sure you'll do this well. I have the misses of you as well...

Dt

PS

It was 22.

Blacksheep said...

oh my goodness how terrible is that! I thought this was your 21st! I guess it's because I've never seen you with alcohol before. I'm sorry! I'm going to try my best with blogging so we shall see. sorry it's taken me so long to get on here. my desire to write and comment have been lacking within the years. but I do want you to stay updated on everything and I do love when you write updates so hopefully that will give me enough motivation to write!